What to expect in Ruby 1.9 (2008)
Posted at 8:23 | 12 Aug. 2020
Tweet this story | Share on Facebook | Email to a Friend
Ruby 1.9: What to Expect
This here's a great slide deck from Sam Ruby at OSCON 2008 detailing what folks during this week twelve years ago could expect in Ruby 1.9.
Understanding Ruby Symbols
This was a very popular blog post on the Gluttonous blog that came out this week in 2005. The detailed discussion about symbols was so popular it ended up being translated into Spanish and Korean! Be sure to check out the comments at the bottom for and extra treat.
Running Camping on the JVM!
Wait, you've never heard of *Camping*? How dare you! Camping is a core part of Ruby history knowledge, a nice and quirky lightweight web framework from the times of _why. Check it out! Here's a post from this week in 2006 using the library with JRuby.
The Least Surprised #7
Let's wrap up this week with an eclectic comic from our favorite historical Rubyist.
- Rails 3 Release Candidate Announced! | July 2022
- I'd Want to Work on Ruby When I Grow O-o-old | April 2022
- When RubyKaigi tickets sold out in 60 minutes | April 2022
- ActiveRecord is Released! | April 2022
- Ruby tools roundup | October 2021
- The second oldest Rails podcast? | October 2021
- Running every version of Ruby ever released with All-Ruby | September 2021
- Ruby Multithreading | September 2021
- Indexing database columns in 2009 | September 2021
- Matz talks mRuby at Barcelona Ruby Conf 2014 | September 2020
- Github: Scaling on Ruby with a nomadic tech team | July 2020
- 22 Ruby and Rails Jobs for August 2011 (With Even Some Junior Ones) | July 2020
- The schedule for Madison Ruby 2011 | July 2020
- What to expect in Ruby 1.9 (2008) | July 2020
- Matz speaks at OSCON | July 2020
- How to profile your Rails application in 2007 | July 2020
- RubyFringe: the three-day, $650 Ruby party of 2008 | July 2020
- A Starry Afternoon, a Sinking Symphony, and the Polo Champ Who Gave It All Up for No Reason Whatsoever | July 2020
- Using AWS with Ruby in 2007 | June 2020
- RubyConf 2005 Agenda Release | June 2020
- _why interviews DHH [PastRubies #9] | December 2019
- The Ruby on Rails Whitepaper - Past Rubies #7 | December 2019
- Speeding Up Rails with Aaron Patterson - Past Rubies #6 | July 2019
- Building a Ruby Gem with Steve Klabnik - Past Rubies #5 | July 2019
- Rails 1.0 turns 14! PastRubies #8 | December 2019