Indexing database columns in 2009
Posted at 8:23 | 14 Sep. 2021
This is a fun set of scripts you could use on Rails 2. This uses the common flow of the time of `rails plugin install`. After running `rake db:find_query_indexes` you would receive a migration displayed telling you what indices you "ought" to have. Cool!
Also in this week in 2009, Liles dropped a new video podcast series called, well, "yerdoinitwrong". Here is the first video released talking about tailing and logging in Rails.
This week in 2006 Jeremy McAnally (also known as Mr. Neighborly) released the Humble Little Ruby Book. This was a real treat to stumble upon as it's a book from the era that I do not have. Do you have a copy or have you read it? If so, email back!
Holy cow, RailsRumble. Remember that? There's a few repos sitting out there somewhere with my hacking. I think one was a https://camelcamelcamel.com/ tracker that you could drop an amazon product into and get notifications for certain pricepoints. Anyway - this week in 2012 the latest RailsRumble of the time was announced! Let's see if we can navigate our way through some cool entries.
- I'd Want to Work on Ruby When I Grow O-o-old | April 2022
- When RubyKaigi tickets sold out in 60 minutes | April 2022
- ActiveRecord is Released! | April 2022
- Ruby tools roundup | October 2021
- The second oldest Rails podcast? | October 2021
- Running every version of Ruby ever released with All-Ruby | September 2021
- Ruby Multithreading | September 2021
- Indexing database columns in 2009 | September 2021
- Matz talks mRuby at Barcelona Ruby Conf 2014 | September 2020
- Github: Scaling on Ruby with a nomadic tech team | July 2020
- 22 Ruby and Rails Jobs for August 2011 (With Even Some Junior Ones) | July 2020
- The schedule for Madison Ruby 2011 | July 2020
- What to expect in Ruby 1.9 (2008) | July 2020
- Matz speaks at OSCON | July 2020
- How to profile your Rails application in 2007 | July 2020
- RubyFringe: the three-day, $650 Ruby party of 2008 | July 2020
- A Starry Afternoon, a Sinking Symphony, and the Polo Champ Who Gave It All Up for No Reason Whatsoever | July 2020
- Using AWS with Ruby in 2007 | June 2020
- RubyConf 2005 Agenda Release | June 2020
- _why interviews DHH [PastRubies #9] | December 2019
- The Ruby on Rails Whitepaper - Past Rubies #7 | December 2019
- Speeding Up Rails with Aaron Patterson - Past Rubies #6 | July 2019
- Building a Ruby Gem with Steve Klabnik - Past Rubies #5 | July 2019
- Rails 1.0 turns 14! PastRubies #8 | December 2019