Github: Scaling on Ruby with a nomadic tech team
Posted at 8:23 | 02 Sep. 2020
Tweet this story | Share on Facebook | Email to a Friend
Github: Scaling on Ruby, with a nomadic tech team
Github is one of my favorite Ruby scaling stories (along with Shopify!). In this article they talk about their experiences up to this week in 2015.
Proposal for a new Ruby concurrency model
This proposal and slidedeck came out this week on the heels of Ruby Kaigi 2016.
Turn your Android phone into a remote spy camera in 15 minutes (with Ruby)
A full *decade* ago this week this nifty little tongue-in-cheek guide/article came out... I wonder how much of this you could get away with now...
Ruby Committers using Basecamp!
This week in 2005, _why noted that core committer work was being dished out by Matz on basecamp. I wonder how long that lasted? Would love some additional info from DHH and Matz on this era.
- Rails 3 Release Candidate Announced! | July 2022
- I'd Want to Work on Ruby When I Grow O-o-old | April 2022
- When RubyKaigi tickets sold out in 60 minutes | April 2022
- ActiveRecord is Released! | April 2022
- Ruby tools roundup | October 2021
- The second oldest Rails podcast? | October 2021
- Running every version of Ruby ever released with All-Ruby | September 2021
- Ruby Multithreading | September 2021
- Indexing database columns in 2009 | September 2021
- Matz talks mRuby at Barcelona Ruby Conf 2014 | September 2020
- Github: Scaling on Ruby with a nomadic tech team | July 2020
- 22 Ruby and Rails Jobs for August 2011 (With Even Some Junior Ones) | July 2020
- The schedule for Madison Ruby 2011 | July 2020
- What to expect in Ruby 1.9 (2008) | July 2020
- Matz speaks at OSCON | July 2020
- How to profile your Rails application in 2007 | July 2020
- RubyFringe: the three-day, $650 Ruby party of 2008 | July 2020
- A Starry Afternoon, a Sinking Symphony, and the Polo Champ Who Gave It All Up for No Reason Whatsoever | July 2020
- Using AWS with Ruby in 2007 | June 2020
- RubyConf 2005 Agenda Release | June 2020
- _why interviews DHH [PastRubies #9] | December 2019
- The Ruby on Rails Whitepaper - Past Rubies #7 | December 2019
- Speeding Up Rails with Aaron Patterson - Past Rubies #6 | July 2019
- Building a Ruby Gem with Steve Klabnik - Past Rubies #5 | July 2019
- Rails 1.0 turns 14! PastRubies #8 | December 2019