Matz speaks at OSCON
Posted at 8:23 | 05 Aug. 2020
Tweet this story | Share on Facebook | Email to a Friend
Matz speaks at OSCON 2005 - and we have the slides!
I love a good conference. A win is finding the speakers list, but it's so hard to get content from 15+ years ago. We're very lucky that there's an archive of Matz's slides from his talk in OSCON 2005 and we have them here to share with you! Enjoy! Note - youtube would have only been a few months old at this point, so "uploading to youtube" would have been an unlikely expectation at this point.
2014's Ruby Web Benchmark Report
I love a good benchmark because its data stands the test of time. We can compare current frameworks and Ruby versions to these old standards! This week six years ago so a nice hearty benchmark from Brian Knapp. Enjoy those numbers!
Ruby-prof turns 15 years old!
We can't believe it! After 14 years of active development and love, ruby-prof released 1.0 one year ago this week. That means our beloved ruby-prof is now 15! Congratulations and thank you to all the OSS maintainers over the years
More OSCON 2005 fun
I can't help myself. OSCON 2005 was so amazing I'm referencing it three times in two weeks! Here is the late and great Jim Weirich's talk details for "10 Things Every Java Programmer Should Know About Ruby". For even MORE fun, here are the available additional bits of information for all other speakers that I could find.
- Rails 3 Release Candidate Announced! | July 2022
- I'd Want to Work on Ruby When I Grow O-o-old | April 2022
- When RubyKaigi tickets sold out in 60 minutes | April 2022
- ActiveRecord is Released! | April 2022
- Ruby tools roundup | October 2021
- The second oldest Rails podcast? | October 2021
- Running every version of Ruby ever released with All-Ruby | September 2021
- Ruby Multithreading | September 2021
- Indexing database columns in 2009 | September 2021
- Matz talks mRuby at Barcelona Ruby Conf 2014 | September 2020
- Github: Scaling on Ruby with a nomadic tech team | July 2020
- 22 Ruby and Rails Jobs for August 2011 (With Even Some Junior Ones) | July 2020
- The schedule for Madison Ruby 2011 | July 2020
- What to expect in Ruby 1.9 (2008) | July 2020
- Matz speaks at OSCON | July 2020
- How to profile your Rails application in 2007 | July 2020
- RubyFringe: the three-day, $650 Ruby party of 2008 | July 2020
- A Starry Afternoon, a Sinking Symphony, and the Polo Champ Who Gave It All Up for No Reason Whatsoever | July 2020
- Using AWS with Ruby in 2007 | June 2020
- RubyConf 2005 Agenda Release | June 2020
- _why interviews DHH [PastRubies #9] | December 2019
- The Ruby on Rails Whitepaper - Past Rubies #7 | December 2019
- Speeding Up Rails with Aaron Patterson - Past Rubies #6 | July 2019
- Building a Ruby Gem with Steve Klabnik - Past Rubies #5 | July 2019
- Rails 1.0 turns 14! PastRubies #8 | December 2019